An update round up!
Posted by Simon Fraser on 1 Apr 2016, 6 a.m.
A collection of short bits of news about DWCon 2016
An April Fool's Day collection of news.
Convention Room Names
After much faff we have settled on the names for the Convention rooms at this year's event! All of the rooms are named after famous DW places, and the locations of important DW events, and have been double-checked by our fact-checking gophers. The rooms will be:
- John Barrowman's Dressing Room
Gala Dinner menu
Eagle-eyed members have pointed out some allergen issues with the gala dinner menu, and we are pleased to announce some changes to the ingredient list that will allow members with cat allergies to enjoy the main course.
Inspired by the Patrician's democratic example, we are now operating a 'One Person, One Bid' approach to the charity auction. As such, only one lucky person will receive a bidding paddle in their welcome pack. We hope this streamlines the event!
Convention Hand Sign
Hand signs for the 'in crowd' are getting more and more popular on social media sites like napchat and kybrdface, and so we have come with up a sign you can use when meeting other Discworld fans! Here's how to do it in three easy steps:
- Bend only the third knuckle of your hand's pinkie finger (The one furthest away from your pollical phalanges!)
- Bend the fourth knuckle of your appendix finger in the traditional way
- Move your hand in the shape of a Möbius strip by rotating your hand-ankle
- Pause to consider what you will have for lunch tomorrow
There you have it!