In addition to providing all manner of entertainment for the mind, body and soul (!) the International Discworld Convention prides itself on offering its members with entertainment for the stomach, in the form of our Gala Dinner.
The Gala Dinner is an opportunity to get dressed up and set forth with knife, fork and rammer to enjoy an evening of fine dining and perhaps even an opportunity to hobnob1 with our distinguished guests.
This year, you’re invited to attend the Gala Dinner for the inaugural Ramptops Musical Society Awards - the Nannies™, for short2 - where the brightest and best of the Bands with Rocks In will be celebrated with wine and song3.
Time and Date
The Gala Dinner will be on the Sunday evening of the Convention, 28th August 2016. The exact start time will be on your invitations, in the welcome packs available at registration.
Tickets for The Nannies are £45 each, and include entrance, a three course meal and a limited edition memento of the event. You must purchase tickets separately - entrance is not included in the price of your convention membership.
Children over the age of 12 can attend, but there are no child meals or portion sizes available, and all attendees must pay full price.
Key: (v) Vegetarian (g) Gluten free
You will be able to choose one option from each of the following:
- Roasted butternut squash & sweet potato soup, herb crème fraiche (v)(g)(vegan)
- Beetroot, goats cheese and candied walnut salad, balsamic dressing (v)(g)
- Pressed chicken terrine with a Caesar dressing.
- Slow cooked belly pork, spiced apple compote, mash, cider and cinnamon jus (g)
- Slow braised shin of beef, silver skin onion, dauphinoise and mushroom, red wine jus (g)
- Roasted egg plant Moroccan spice tabbouleh and black olive tapenade (v)(vegan)
- Warm apple tart tatin, Chantilly cream
- Chilled lemon mousse, brandy snap puree, raspberry syrup (also available gluten free)
- Spiced forest fruit and bramley crumble with vegan oats (vegan)
- Cheese platter, biscuits and chutney (also available gluten free)
Amendments for specific dietary requirements available on request. If you would like to know more information about the menu, or wish to enquire about specific dietary requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The dress code is smart and glamorous - think red carpet4. Black tie is perfectly acceptable, along with uniforms, magical robes, corsets, best battle armor, shiniest cocktail axes and as many ankhstones as you can shake a wizard’s staff at.
Sounds like a great time. Where do I sign?
Tickets have now sold out!
Beautiful image courtesy of Grace Francis
1 No dunking, please.
2 Stepladder not included.
3 Mostly wine.
4 Not literally. Though now that I think about it, that just might work...